Konvekta is the only supplier of high efficiency pumped glycol run-around energy recovery systems in the world. They have been in the business of pumped glycol energy recovery since 1949. That’s all they do. Konvekta offers complete systems – high performance heat exchangers, energy recovery system controls and hydraulic assembly.
Konvekta high-performance energy recovery systems reduce energy consumption by 70-90%.
An energy recovery system controller that uses actual operating conditions is the most effective.
Konvekta high performance energy recovery systems make a major contribution to reducing CO2 emissions and have a high rate of return on capital investment. Optimization of the system and trouble-free operation are critical. Installation imperfections, maintenance needs, software errors or incorrectly set control valves must be identified and corrected. To achieve this, continuous monitoring is essential so that maintenance needs and system malfunction are quickly detected, reported, and addressed. This guarantees a high level of system reliability and maximum energy recovery.
The calculations required to provide supply air at the desired temperature demands knowledge of the actual operating conditions, and performance maps of the energy recovery coils, pumps and valves. This data must be communicated to the system controller.
To achieve efficient, trouble-free operation, Konvekta provides an Operation optimization. Critical operating parameters are monitored in both part- and full-load operation and all system malfunctions are detected and corrected.
Each energy recovery system is unique in design because the requirements of each building are different. Konvekta optimizes each design for specific operating conditions in all seasons as well as for partial and full load conditions.
The controller requires a VPN access. This allows Konvekta to retrieve all relevant operating data daily. The data is analyzed and displayed graphically on the project dashboard which is available to the customer and password protected for security.
What’s so special about Konvekta?
- Konvekta specializes in pumped glycol energy recovery systems. That’s all they do.
- They are based in Switzerland and have been in business for over 60 years, doing only pumped glycol energy recovery systems.
- Last year their sales were over $60 million.
- Konvekta supplies the entire package. They make their own coils, pump packages and controls.
- The reason they are so successful is they are able to achieve 65-75% effectiveness with glycol loop systems and they guarantee the savings. That’s right, they guarantee the savings.
- The Konvekta system is the only pumped glycol energy recovery system that will meet the new minimum efficiencies in the revised ASHRAE code.
Related Project Snapshots:
Project Snapshot | Dartmouth College – Konvekta System
Project Snapshot | UMass Boston – Integrated Science Complex
Project Snapshot | Hudson Valley CC – Konvekta System
Leave a Reply