Announcing New Building EQ Portal
ASHRAE In Operation Rating
ASHRAE’s Building Energy Quotient (Building EQ) In Operation rating program provides a quick energy analysis that compares your building to similar buildings within the same climate, helps to identify means to improve your building’s energy performance, and provides data on Indoor Environmental Quality.
Two different evaluations can be used independently to compare a candidate building to other similar buildings in the same climate zone or together for an assessment of a building’s design potential compared to actual operation:
In Operation compares actual building energy use based on metered energy information.
As Designed compares potential energy use based on the building’s physical characteristics
and systems with standardized energy use simulation.
Building EQ Portal is the most comprehensive assessment platform providing actionable recommendations for today’s commercial and institutional buildings.
• Online data entry and submission process
• Metered energy data exchange from ENERGY STAR™ Portfolio Manager
• Median EUI calculation aligned with ENERGY STAR™
• Building EQ Performance Score visible to all users on the main input screen at all times
• Redesigned label shows Building EQ Performance Score on a barometer/scale.
No more letter grades!
• Standard reports can be automatically generated by credentialed users
• Improved submission approval process
• Help and validation information is built into the system
Visit ashrae.org/BuildingEQ for more information.